2nd Ward Alderman
As your Alderman, I will use my voice, and my talent for bringing people together, to create opportunities for everyone in Hudson.
From the first day I arrived in Hudson, I became an active member of the community by volunteering my services. I have a strong passion for helping people grow through information, education and my speaking up on their behalf.
Top Issues for Hudson
At the top of my agenda are jobs, housing and transportation. I will:
- Work with other leaders to create jobs in Hudson that pay a living wage.
- Work with the Economic Development Committee to create more opportunities for minority-owned businesses in Hudson.
- Work toward finding a solution to housing problems that have plagued our community for years.
- Engage our state, county and city leaders in developing a broader transportation system that will give all access to jobs, college, shopping and services throughout the City and County.
Community Activities (Current)
- Member, Women's Health Project
- Chair, Community Services Committee, Staley B. Keith Social Justice Center
- Steering Committee, Hudson Greater Promise Neighborhood
- Volunteer for American Cancer Society and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Hudson City Democratic Committee
- Hudson Valley Area Labor Federation - Upper Hudson Central Labor Council
Employment: Hudson Promise Corps, a program of the Greater Hudson Promise Neighborhood
Education: Harry S. Truman High School, The Bronx, NY, Class of 1996
Family: Two children